Lots of good answers here... but so far not one person has said that,
in their experience, engineers don't understand UXD documentation.
David's distinction between "value" and "understand" is good: do
engineers understand our documents but still dislike them?

This is what I really wanted to know, because, again, in my
experience the opposite -- that they totally "get" and greatly
appreciate our documentation -- is decidedly true.

-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior
biz: http://www.behaviordesign.com