I think part of this is driven by the quality of the artifact itself.
We've actually done usability testing on our artifacts with the
engineers and visual designers using them to find out how we can
improve them. After all, our artifacts are the product/service we're
creating for our clients, just like their hardware/software/service is
the thing they're producing for their customers.

On Nov 1, 2007, at 12:16 PM, Christopher Fahey wrote:

> This is what I really wanted to know, because, again, in my
> experience the opposite -- that they totally "get" and greatly
> appreciate our documentation -- is decidedly true.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]