As Bruno Zevi once wrote, Architecture is indeed 4D. You can't
develop your perception of a building without walking through it.
That's the 4th dimension and why 3D walkthroughs are so popular.

Yes, architecture had a lot of time to develop standards, but mankind
as produced more information on the last decade than all of the
previous centuries combined. To achieve standardization we have to
communicate, and communication is as easy as ever.

What we have to do is to take clues from existing 4D representations.
And build upon what each one of us had to develop for our own
projects. If we managed to come up with solutions for our problems by
ourselves, just imagine what we could do together.

Jesse James Garret already started this whit a basic set of visual
representations. We just have to improve upon it.

http://gamma.ixda.org/discuss?post=22000