It was attractive, but the orange arrow definitely some Fitt's issues. The
arrow is decent size - but if you didn't tell me - I would have had no idea
that that launched navigation. It's not that the site content on the main
page is so busy with imagery and content that there is even a need to hide
the navigation. It's just sitting on top a static image - so it's not like
it's distracting from a fantastic animated experience of Linsey Lohan nude,
or Britney doing the perp walk - so why hide the nav bar?

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Charles B. Kreitzberg <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought it was a really nice site and I like the design. I can see that
> there might be come confusions about the fact that the orange arrow leads
> the menu. Perhaps it should have a word like "menu" on it or something to
> make it clear that it is clickable.
>
> The visual design is really nice (as is the visual design of your blog)
> and
> it is nice that the menu goes away and does not clutter the screen when it
> is not needed.
>
> I think the reader who gave the design a solid "C" is being rather harsh.
>
> Best,
>
> Charlie (snowed-in in Princeton, NJ)

~ will

"No matter how beautiful,
no matter how cool your interface,
it would be better if there were less of it."
Alan Cooper
-
"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"