Lisa,

 From my position as design teacher, it is unusual to speak about
"critique" involving only an audience and a designer -- but not a
teacher.

I suppose I would rather call this a review or an inspection, saving
the term critique for pedagogical settings where a learning designer
is presenting work for a teacher and a group of fellow students, and
the whole session has the primary intentions that the participating
students should learn.

I can think of guidelines for the pedagogical critique session, of
course, and some of them overlap with what others have already
mentioned.

But I will not go further into the pedagogical situation as I gather
that you are more interested in the "productive critique session"
where the main goal is to improve the quality of the design work.

Regards,

Jonas Löwgren