Todd wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Elizabeth Buie wrote:

>> Yes, of course.  But it does not constitute usability by its own self; there
>> are other factors.

> That's my point. Many of the "usability professionals" I run into don't see
> usability as multi-factor.

I don't know how they can miss it, given how ISO 9241 defines usability.  Or
maybe
they are only self-described "usability professionals" and aren't very
knowledgeable?
That would be highly unfortunate.

> Unfortunately, many of them equate usability to efficiency and intuition,

I can't say I know any who see it this way.  But I do know many interaction
designers who think that the usability process is about nothing but evaluation.
 ;-)

> While intuition and efficiency are important parts, we can't forget about
> learnability, satisfaction, and the ability to inevitably complete a
> task/goal.

But wait a minute.  In your first post on the subject, you said that the
product
was less usable but yielded *greater* satisfaction, so I pointed out that your
comment ignored the satisfaction component of usability.  Now you're telling
*me*
that satisfaction is a component of usability?

What is wrong with this picture?

Elizabeth