On Tuesday 04 March 2008 17:11:23 Scott Berkun wrote:
> 1. Why only have one deliverable? If you're convinced developers want
> something diferent from what the client liason wants, design your
> deliverables that way. Have a section in your spec marked "For developers"
> or create two seperate documents for the two different purposes.

Personally I create two deliverables, the big fat report for project manager
to put on his shelf and then something more useful for developers to refer to
that corresponds with the report and is easier to flip through and print.

Basically I asked these questions because I was curious to see how other
people are handling this problem.

> 2+. Do an informal usability study on your deliverables - Seriously, have
> you ever watched someone actually use what you make? Or gotten feedback
> from them on how it could have been more useful? Or gone back later to see
> how much of what was in your deliverable actually made it into the final
> release? If you treat your delvierables like a user experience, you can
> apply tons of basic UX techniques to your specs, prototypes, wireframes,
> reports, etc.

^ This is something I'm planning on doing.  I brought up this discussion to
fill in anything I might not have thought of.

--
Celeste 'seele' Paul
www.obso1337.org