W Evans wrote:
> Why can't recruiters read?
>
> I know I have had a resume posted on Monster since about 2003, and I do
> update it every 6 months or so even though I have never gotten a job from
> monster - but what really burns my goat is that I very clearly say:
> 1. I have done IA and IxD work for a really long time
> 2. I have no interest in relocating for short term contracts
> 3. how much I cost

I think that a fair number of recruiters take the shotgun approach: if
you throw enough shot into the air, eventually, something will hit.  Or,
they just blindly call/email whatever their automated tools hand them.

I get the same sort of emails and calls from a local recruiting agency.
They are using a 9 year old resume, and when I send them an updated
resume and indicate that I now do IxD work, I'll still occasionally get
calls about C++ and Cognos BI tools (which I used 9 years ago).

Ron

PS:  On the flip side, at the end of 2006, when we were trying to fill a
design/usability position, we had this one fellow apply.  His main
qualification, as far as I could tell, was that he completed a month of
an automotive mechanics course.  He also applied for every other
position that the company had open, from sales to support to those
requiring highly technical domain expertise.  Again, shotgun approach.