I have no clue when it will hit the stores. But on a side note. I live in
sweden, have an unlocked iPhone and happen to be on a net with good edge
coverage (telia). This will give me a faster, better and more enjoyable web
experience on edge than any SonyEricsson or Nokia on 3G ore even turbo 3G
that I have had the oppertunity to try. The experience is outstanding, feels
smoother and faster despite the slow connection. So when the 3G version hits
the market it really is game over for a few years ahead.

However,the biggest drawbacks on the iPhone to me is that it's almost
impossible to write on it when you sit on a shaky bus or while walking.
Something I can do with ease with a T9 or full keyboard phone. Also, you
will keep having the lock in (although all the jailbreakers out there are
helping the situation). Another problem is the poor syncing on windows
machines, wheres my windows mail or windows calendar supprt or why not a
native support for google cal, it would be easy to fixa sync client for the
iPhone. pair up with google and you have another killer app besides the map
thing!

Best regars //
--
Håkan Reis