Hi Paige-

I'll echo what Dante said - the professionals in financial services
are very happy with dense information. If you are afraid of making
your screens dense, you can often slow down the interaction enough to
frustrate these users.

This is an area that really needs good personas and task analysis.
I've benefited from personas more in FS than in other industries.
It also helps to be aware and sensitive to the other tools that will
share screen space and attention with yours.  These users multi-task
a lot, and often juggle tasks through the day.

Third, get to know the language and use it appropriately in the
interface.  As with most experts, FS professionals use jargon both to
speed communication and as a badge of membership.

Hope that helps,
Andrea