hmmm seriously, your computer is negatively contributing to the
environment at a rate far exceeding any design team's use of paper.

paper and pen (or white boarding) are essential tools in design.
omitting them has serious consequences. if you understand design
process, there are divergent stages that MUST remain loose and open to
iteration and open to derivation. if time is your primary concern or
if you really want to close down the innovation and iteration early in
the process, then by all means step immediately to the computer and
make boxes.

Mark