On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Robert Hoekman Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > http://bobulate.com/2008/06/12/announcing-new-mfa-in-interaction-design/
>

> I'm interested in how Zeldman fits into a MFA on interaction design. Is
> learning web standards part of the curriculum? If so, should it be? (Maybe
> so, it just stuck me as odd, so I thought I'd toss it out there.)

We'll have to see the curriculum. If the faculty is made up of mostly
designers and tactical practitioners, and there is little to no Cog Sci or
HCI, then I would argue that it is less MFA in Interaction Design, and more
MFA in Interactive/Interface Design.

> Also, I like Liz, Jeffrey, and Jason a lot—they're all great, and amply
> qualified to teach Masters programs—but the faculty is a little heavy on
> the
> HappyCog, no? Couldn't this lead to a biased education?

Perhaps you know more than I -- but I was struck by what was missing after
going to every one of the listed faculty member's sites. Do any of these
folks even have masters degrees? Not one of them lists their education on
their personal or professional sites. Ironic for faculty of a masters
program, no?

Which brings us back to the discussion on the importance of a masters degree
- do you need one if you are already a famous web designer?

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"