Maybe the problem is assuming the "Previous" button has to be anywhere
near the "Next" or "Submit" button.  Maybe put the "Previous" button
at the top? or at the very bottom?  Maybe it's not a button at all,
but a text link or a graphical link of some sort...

That way the submit button is in the proper place, on the left
directly below the form, but it doesn't break the conceptual right
hand paging.