The new design is on the whole too repetitive and detailed.

As to the orignal post about tabs. They complicate the what was a
once very simple interaction to view an individuals information at a
glance.

Additionally, the repetition of links in the top is too cry about.
Two Home links exist nest to each other, in the form of the facebook
icon, a usability standard that i do not wish to see different, and a
link that states home, if the house wasnt enough in the first link.
There are also two ways to access my profile, by selecting profile on
the left or my name on the right. Again, do i need that?

As for the spacing the entire thing seems poorly proportioned and the
fact that the layout changes between tabs isnt good.

That being said, I actually am in support of the new facebook and am
not a fan, groupie, or any other facebook application member of any
ban the new facebook design groups. On the whole it is a step forward
for what could be a more cohesive and organized way to have the now
chaotic facebook. Still, there is a lot of work to get everything
consistent again and to gain users trust. I do agree with the earlier
post that it was too much too fast.