I have to agree with those who blame the fast change as the main
problem. As for the design itself, I must admit that it took me a
couple of days to learn my way through it.

While the design may be still a bit confusing at times, I can see
where they were going. The only thing that I just don't understand
is why the redundancy in their top frame links (Facebook-Home;
Profile-YourName). Anyway, overall, I think they did a pretty good
job. It's great to have a solid social network.

Last.fm did a similar thing about two months ago. They decided to go
for a more Facebook-ish look and the same thing happened... everyone
just went nuts.