I sorta am in Scott's boat but slightly differently:

1. Use the network. Whatever that means to you. For me it is twitter
and Shared GReader links. My other network for links to stuff is
Facebook.

2. Do it NOW, or let it pass into the ether. For almost all of my
keeping up with the designers of the world, about 75% of it is on a
"now" basis. Yes, this can be very disruptive, but I have a very
ADD style of work/life balance anyway, so disruptions actually help
me focus. It's odd I know, but it works for me.

3. My RSS feeds. I have many more than Scott that I subscribe to, but
I regularly browse TITLES and then only read say 5-10 posts a day (at
most).

4. IxDA - Despite what a lot of people think, I don't read every
message. I browse titles and jump in head first into the topics that
seem fun, or where I can learn a few things here and there, or where
I feel I can contribute a lot (or just cause trouble --- TROLL!!!)

5. Email - Since I stopped getting the IxDA list on email, my inbox
is a lot less hectic. Most SIGIA, IAI, CHI messages get the title
browsed and head into the ether or archive (thank you GMail).

6. See #2.

7. Going back to stuff is really hard to do, but I do do it. Usually
PDF articles that I can print out and take on the bus/subway.

8. Create sit-down time. This is something new I'm doing, where I
take my 1/2 hour before bed and read, draw, or something else.

That's it!

-- dave