To mark stuff I want to read online I use Read it later extension for
FF (really-really great extension).

About a year ago I started to add lots of feeds about design, ux &
webdev to GReader. Later on I realized that it takes too much time
(almost like a second job) to keep up with everything new. So after
that I started to clean it up. Now I'm down to about 50-70 new posts
from blogs everyday. I usually just scan through their text trying to
find something really interesting marking with stars everything I want
to give second thought later on.

I wish google would add new sorting to their GReader -- sort by
"interest".  There are many possible ways to do it so I'm looking
forward to it :P

For bookmarks I use delicious extension which helps me to add new good
link ot interesting resource in couple clicks. Before that I used
Google Bookmarks, but gave up because of inability to integrate it
nicely with my browser.

And as for IxDA -- I gave up trying to read all and everything.
Usually I just come, delete new Job & Event messages and then scan
headers looking for interesting stuff.

Another interesting question for me is -- how do you fight distraction
at work place? Usually I try to disable all tray notifications, email
notifications and so on so it wont interrupt me in the middle of task.
Same with co-workers, if I'm in the middle of something I ask to wait
unless it's emergency of some sort.
--
Maxim