Twitter is an amazing tool... if used correctly.

I've been able to:

1.) Connect with my own user community
2.) Connect with people in other related comminuties
3.) Create new personal and professional relationships
4.) Save money
5.) Become a more efficient communicator
6.) Get feedback

I've been having conversations with @*acclimedia<http://twitter.com/acclimedia>
* about this very topic. I'm almost inspired to write an article with her
about it.

Like everything, twitter can be used for evil. There are a lot of spammers
and many users are more concerned with # of followers than quality of their
own stream.

It can be incredibly powerful or dangerous. Remember that whatever you
"tweet" into the "twitterverse" is out there forever. It can make or break
you.

That being said, it is important to figure out what you want to get out of
twitter. I've lost the desire to FB or blog because of twitter. It's much
easier. Maybe I'm simply more lazy.

Ping me offline if you (or anyone) want(s) to chat about it. I'm not
professing to be an expert, just an opportunistic user.

--
Mario Bourque
Web: www.mariobourque.com