the medium is the message - twitter is different. IM is one2one,
synchronous. twitter is many2matter, asynchronous, with no comitment, you
can jump in or out at will, IM requires you to actually be there/then. Email
conversations are more formal, although asynchronous, but also not condusive
to fleeting, check this out, kinds of things - and as those who have argued
about the power of ambient intimacy - it let's me keep tabs on those I don't
regularly communicate with so that when we hook up in meatspace, there is a
shared context.

I don't know about this "killer app" thing of which you speak - its a
medium/tool - it's not a distruptive technology - but then, there hasn't
been one of those since hypertext - everything since then is just
incremental fluff and marketing bs.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Tahsin Shamma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that Twitter has little real value besides replicating in web form
> what people have already done over IM.
>
> I am also very skeptical of the need for something like this. What's the
> killer app here that's new?

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim: semanticwill     |  gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill