I'll confess:  I want everyone's twitter id. (Can we add a field on the member
profile form?)

----- Original Message ----
From: Dan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tahsin Shamma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; William Brall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:22:42 PM
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Twitter

Check out Leisa Reichelt's blog post on Ambient Intimacy [1]. There are
people who I only see once a year (at conferences), but I'd like to get to
know them better. There are people who live in the same town as I do, but we
don't get to see each other all that often.
By following them on Twitter, I can remain in touch with them and their
lives.

Recall the last time you asked someone you hadn't seen in a while "What's
up?" or "How's things?". What did they say? Probably, "Oh, busy" and not too
much else. Why? Because after 6-12 months of not being in touch, there's too
much to say! Twitter breaks down that wall.

It's use as IM or a virtual watercooler is a nice side-effect, but not the
real value for me.

-- Dan

1. disambiguity - » Ambient
Intimacy<http://www.disambiguity.com/ambient-intimacy/>

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Tahsin Shamma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that Twitter has little real value besides replicating in web form
> what people have already done over IM.
>
> I am also very skeptical of the need for something like this. What's the
> killer app here that's new?

Dan Brown, Principal • (301) 801-4850
EightShapes, LLC • eightshapes.com
Also at: communicatingdesign.com • greenonions.com