On 11 Nov 2008, at 02:51, Livia Labate wrote:
[snip]
How far removed from the ultimate user goal/ambition is the step/ thing I need to design? The more layers of abstraction between the atomic tasks or set of tasks that represent an activity and the end goal for the user, more helpful a UCD approach. The less abstract/ more direct, more helpful ACD.

              <-- ACD usefulness grows
focus on ACTIVITY -------------------- focus on USER GOALS
                 UCD usefulness grows -->

Ah - this actually makes sense to me. ACD & UCD as different ends of a spectrum - rather than different things.

Thank you.

Adrian