Hi Josh,

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Josh Seiden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jarod-- just to be clear, I'm not making any claims about Larry's
> work, other than to say that in his definition of ACD, he accounts
> for goals and other higher-order concepts. This seems to contradict
> what Jared posted about at the beginning of this thread: that ACD did
> not account for these things. So I'm just asking Jared (not Jarod :-)
> to clarify.

Sorry for miss-interpretation of your intention. And I agree, that
Jared's ACD definition contradict with normal Activity Theory's
activity definition. more links may as
1.
http://www.amazon.com/Acting-Technology-Activity-Theory-Interaction/dp/0262112981
2.

Both clearly define activity holds user's motivation, context, and
tool mediators.

Regards,
Jarod
--