I designed a really complex enterprise application in Flex for Bank of America. It's got some wonderful positives, but you're asking about drawbacks, so here it goes:

1. Not a lot of Flex developers. Finding resources is a challenge (although it's community has grown since my project) 2. It's accessible, but it takes work. There's a library of accessible components out there somewhere. 3. Depending on it's use, it's footprint MAY be heavier than other solutions.
4. It's not free.
5. Some designers don't know how to build in a page-less paradigm.
6. Getting data is fast, I wouldn't worry about that. You can lazy load the data if needed.

I'm completely impressed with what's going on in the jQuery space, so if you haven't checked that out, you should.