Uhmmmmm, that is about the extent of my Flex knowledge. I did work a gig
doing visual support for a Flex app and that was interesting. It turned out
my client needed to meet their clients spec and it turned from flex to css
and javascript overnight.
I like flash and actionscript, downloaded the latest flex builder, did all
the course ware and like it, I like it a lot; but it's not a practical
solution. The spec dictates the solution. css and js covers more ground. You
can find the css.js equivalent for the flex stuff you listed.

I'm not sure if you were even talking to me...lol

I will not be attending IX09 (how many have been held?)

I will be there in spirit, have fun.