hmmm? I have not read in your messages any advantages of online other
than scale. The example you gave at the end of your last message
could EASILY be accomplished through online methods integrated into a
full studio environment and is very often. Further, we just prefer
bringing great minds into the school itself. I.e. Steve Baty is
coming to visit here soon. We also have Bill Moggridge coming too. My
point being is that there is nothing specificly advantageous there.

I also don't see the data you are seeing about non-studio teaching
methods used in design curriculum. My data comes from portfolio
review. EVERY graduate I have seen w/o studio education or experience
shows it in their portfolio. Now, the opposite is not true either. Not
everyone who goes through studio experience is a great designer or
even a better designer than those that haven't, but more are than
not by far.

Are there flaws in traditional design education? Yes SIR!
Are those flaws addressed in online modes of teaching. NO WAY! But
that's a completely different debate. Like I said, (and I think you
said) proof is in the pudding.

Christian suggested that we should be able to learn from everyone.
Nice sentiment, but not everyone is teaching you the right things you
need to learn.

So many "designers" don't even know what design is, and part of
this is our sloppy semantics and lack of rigor in our expectations
for hiring people which started through the 1st bubble and has
proceeded moving forward. Sometimes you need a good strong backlash
to set things right, instead of moving as if everything is hunky
dory.

-- dave