In work environments like this, I have found that forcing our discipline
into the process is the least effective... the "you MUST work with us"
mantra will fall on deaf ears. It's often relationship building, one person
at a time. Get one or two engineers who have seen the positive impact your
perspective has on the end product become your advocates.

Also no one likes to feel like a dumb ass. Everyone wants to feel like they
know what they're doing. So consider how you can approach the challenge as
less a Debbie (or Donnie) Downer [ie. here are all the things that are wrong
with what you've made], and more how you can make them feel like the
perspective you brought made their work better. May seem easier said than
done, but I think most of the battle is getting someone to feel like you're
a needed resource because they couldn't possibly do the work as well without
you.

janna