You have to understand also the engineers perspective. From their perspective they are the most important part of the process, without them there would be no product just fresh air. So they feel they own it in a way. Underneath the interface is a whole different world of complexity. If an interface designer comes up to their desk while they are working and tells them "I think the "ok" button needs to be more over to the left so the user doesn't get confused", its like a voice from another plant. Add on top of this the pressure of scrum or a difficult project that is make or break on a technical level and you won't get a look in.

With good product management this should never happen but the way things are going with shorter and shorter development cycles and its associated pressures this type of situation is inevitable.

My advice is to wait around, cut your teeth abit more and when your in a more senior position use what you are going through now as a way of improving things for everyone, user, engineer and yourself.