Nobody who wins the 100m at the Olympics does it on their first race. They've spent years practicing and preparing.

Similarly, most people who practice running every day will never qualify for the Olympics.

To be top of your game, you've got to have a combination of talent, experience, skills, and knowledge. I think that's at the crux of Gladwell's 10k hours concept.

Jared