if it comes from Apple, software is relatively inexpensive the first time
around, but when a new version comes out, you just buy it again, rather than
upgrade. It is a slightly different pricing model that lowers the hurdle of
switching platforms (in either direction btw). But they are fairly
confident... attrition from Mac to PC is pretty minimal. Over the long haul,
if you upgrade, they get their money just like Microsoft does.
Mark