First of all I have no love for Microsoft. I once relied heavily on
Visio but I find Graffle satisfies 95% of what I need to do. I also
have an understanding that MS is the necessary bitter pill that comes
with this business. So putting that aside...

When we started up our business a couple of years ago we had that
same conversation about where to invest our dollars figuring we were
on a strict budget.

We had to look at what apps we were going to use daily, and costs
pertaining to hardware, networking, upgrades and ongoing support.

We saw that the MAC with parallels gave us the best of both worlds
(MAC OS & XP) without additional hardware investment of buying PCs
and MacBooks.

In regards to apps and functionality there's very little difference
between the two (putting the usability debate of the OS aside).

I find the performance on the MAC (running Parallels) much more
efficient than the PCs we tested. Running the dual platform gave us
the ability to cross-browser/platform test our projects without
additional machines.

I also found that technical support for the MAC so much better than
most of my experiences with PCs.

And the learnability of the MAC was also very easy when compared to
that of Vista.

I've also found most of my contractors also using MACs. And rarely
do I give documentation source files to my clients (I usually PDF
everything). So compatibility isn't an issue.

So we have now 7 MACS with XP and one token PC running VIsta (for dev
testing purposes only). Right now we are looking at putting together
our own MAC OS server to run our email etc internally. So far we've
been fine.

Charles
Looking towards a 100% Microsoft free world.