Jen --

Just FYI: "Entry level" is generally understood to be "immediately post-degree" and a couple years after that and your education is understood to include applicable experience. Asking for the compensation of a mid-level designer is a bit pushy and unlikely, generally, to meet with success. That you have internships and so forth in the field will usually push you to the high-end of that range, but isn't generally something to rely on.

That being said -- if you've managed to pull it off, Good For You! But it isn't something most new graduates are going to be able to do. Bargaining hard for the best possible salary is a good thing. Bargaining from a false understanding of your own position is generally dangerous.

kt

Katie Albers
Founder & Principal Consultant
FirstThought
User Experience Strategy & Project Management
310 356 7550
ka...@firstthought.com