Hi Janne,

I think Scott's reply really hit the nail on the head. The only
difference is that I would make his #3 point my #1 point.

For your first job, you should really be looking for an opportunity
that will allow you to learn about 60% of the time and contribute
about 40%. You should look to not only grow your design and research
skills, but, your business savvy skills as well. Find a team that
will help you learn to:

* Understand the business and how your role fits into the entire
process

* Effectively present your designs to the organization

* Win the tricky battles vs. Program Managers, Developers, and
Testers

* Accurately craft work estimates and timelines

* Influence others and become a trusted contributor

Finally, don't be afraid to look outside of the typical software and
web companies.