Hi there, this is my first post - grateful for any feedback.

What are people's thoughts about text links e.g. Google AdSense on websites
- should these links open in the same window or  a new browser window?

We have deployed AdSense across a number of newspaper websites and see some
benchmarks opening in new windows and others in the same window.  Right now
we are opening in the same browser window - the methodology of this is so as
not to take over the users browser and allow them to stay in control of the
back button facility.

The Google feedback is open in new window - but they do not think either or
has a significant impact on revenue performance.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards
Ruairi

--

Ruairi Doyle
Project Manager

Independent Digital
2nd Floor, Independent House,
27-32 Talbot Street,
Dublin 1.

Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Limited Registered Office is 27-32 Talbot
Street, Dublin 1. Registered company number 153066.

Tel: +353 1 705 5873
Mobile: +353 86 88 00 555
Fax: +353 1 705 5892

Email: rdo...@independent-digital.com