2009/4/24 Adrian Howard <adri...@quietstars.com>:
> I worked with one guy who did some great work and had a rather interesting
> technique. He jumped straight from fairly detailed sketches to XHTML/CSS. He
> obviously used Photoshop et al to produce graphical assets - but he never
> did a "full page" with them - just fragments needed for the XHTML/CSS page
> he was working on. His argument was basically that the constraints of the
> medium helped him create.

I am a fan of this technique.

I often go from paper/stickies to HTML. One cavaet: I don't care about
standards at this stage and will happily use tables etc to quickly get
a result.

Sometimes I get a coder to knock-up a bit of Javascript if I need to
demonstrate certain interactions. I'm planning to get my head around
jQuery in order to remove this dependancy though.

I then pass this to a front-end coder (XHTML/CSS/JS).

I don't expect my code to ever published. One exception to this is the
calss names I have chosen, which are human readable, semantically rich
and enter into a shared product vocabulary between all stakeholders.

To speed things up I have a small set of simple snippets which make
HTML prototyping more efficient.

I feel a blog post coming on :)

--
Danny Hope
User Experience Consultant, Brighton (UK)