Good afternoon,
With print production costs spiralling out of control I'm currently looking
at alternative ways at presenting our magazine content - perhaps in a
digital format? Our product is currently available online, but I've noticed
many newspapers offer a digital edition to its users... in addition to its
website content (and print versions).

Personally, I struggle to enjoy these digital editions with page
peelers/turners, animations, zooming, etc as far as a UX goes - I'd prefer
to consume the website version or paper.

Does anyone know if research has been conducted (or has conducted research)
to support digital editions in terms of a positive user experience (user
outcomes)? Or, is it perhaps a notion that large newspapers simply do to
offer/repackage their content in a different format?

Thanks in advance,

-- Rob