I'm currently in the process of developing a touch based interface
for AV system control. When deployed, the interface will be operating
on proprietry touch input hardware however I'm looking into
technologies I can utilize during the development and user testing
phase.

Users involved in the testing are geographically distributed so I'm
looking for tools I can use to quickly push out interface concepts
for feedback. The interface is rather simple and does not utilize
multi-touch or rely heavily on gestural input, however it does
utilize a live video stream (which will be emulated for testing).

I'm currently leaning towards just using flash for prototypes as I
can host it locally and have the remote users connect in without
requiring any additional hardware or software. My main concern is
that they will be interfacing with it via a mouse rather than touch
input. I don't think this will be a deal breaker given the
simplicity of it, however I'm curious as to what others have done in
this situation.

Cheers.