Hi Melissa
> Huge thanks for the responses so far -- everything you've said has
> been helpful. We're moving really fast and need to have the info
> collected by tomorrow (which I failed to explain before, as we're
> moving so darn fast).

Suggestions:
- set a policy for what you do if the contact is unavailable or whatever.
How many attempts?
- decide whether to use call line identifier (more courteous, more likely to
have number picked up, but you then need to know how to deal with the 'who
are you' calls that result)
- whether to leave a message or not if you get a message taker instead of
the contact (voice mail or human)

What I usually do is set up a spreadsheet with columns for:
- up to 3 attempts to contact (3 columns)
- time for meeting if scheduled
- reference to document with meeting notes (if it happened)
- where to send the incentive (if accepted)
- any extra notes

I prefer to use CLI and I always leave a message if I get a message taker.
This means that I sometimes have to conduct some extra interviews, possibly
after the study has closed - but hey, it's worth it for the extra courtesy
points.

Best
Caroline Jarrett
www.formsthatwork.com