This is interesting topic. And the point of view adopted by your
organization as a preferred one seems to define the shape of the
organization. So this is not just an academic question to you.

UX is a wider concept and involves things like content, aesthetics
and such in addition to usability. I think UX design is about
striving to generate desired impact to user%u2019s emotions and
memory by various means. IxD concentrates on usability and how the
system responds to user%u2019s actions. And it sure affects the
user%u2019s experience. I think TIxD and UX design complement each
other. They are more like sisters than mother and daughter.

Avoid over-conceptualizing this. In your organization, subduing IxD
to UX design might be as bad as subduing UX Design to IxD.