That's the thing: they jump into that conclusion with biased prejudices. Right now, we don't have equal opportunity anywhere in the world. Not women, not PoC. You are proving me right, they are biased!

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/169/Strawman-Fallacy

The paper clearly does *not* say "these countries are equal" (your Strawman) it says "the more equal a country is, the fewer women go into STEM" and it has over 400,000 data points behind that assertion. If you can prove they are biased, you are encouraged to get a peer-reviewed paper published to that effect - it would likely set you onto a career in either psychology or gender studies.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to dismiss a peer-reviewed scientific paper out of hand without reading it because it disagrees with your world-views there's no point in continuing this conversation. I would also suggest it's worth reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias