Sorry Dan - I was rather vague as I did not want to start discussing my
problems I
had with version 6 :) I just managed to get everything up and running again
with the
old version. Basically what happened was:

- I had permanent dropouts when playing music and that's with a signal
strength of
  64%

- Version 6 seems to consider more tags than the previous version. All of a
sudden
  my "browe by Artist" showed up Artists I never heared of. Keep in mind
that ITunes
  showed everything correct. I found out that some of my MP3s had tags like
"Composer"
  which were considered as well as "Artist".

So much to version 6. At the moment I am not keen on trying it out again.
Especially
because it's in beta stage at the moment anyway and it did not work for me.

Any ideas to my original issue of starting Slimserver?

Cheers,
Manuel