Tis good, had the day off yesterday so gave it a good go.  Here's how it
works (once you've clicked Start Genius all the below is automatic)...

It analyses your files, and saves this info to a (100Mb+ for me!!!)
database file, similar format to the .itl file.  None of your tags are
altered.

This info then uploaded to the genius server, anonymously.

It's analysed on the genius server, and info is sent back to you (which
I would think gets added to the db file it creates, it's certainly not
tag based)

Once received, you just select a song and click Create Genius playlist,
bottom right of screen.  results appear as "genius" playlist.

You can save those playlists by useing the "Save playlsit" button - I
know, I'm a genius too ;-)

Once saved you can then drag them onto iPod as you would a normal
playlist - at this point (at least on my 5G video) it converts them to
the normal playlist icon - they're obviously then just static
playlsits.

If you turn on the genius sidebar it'll make suggestions for other
things to purchase from iTMS (obviously the point of all this!) but if
you leave it off it doesn't touch the Store.

Works really well for me; some left-field choices in my playlists but
they all fit nicely.  Sadly it couldn't do anything with Back in Black
by AC/DC

:-(

I suspect it'll get better over time, but a nice feature.  Oh, after
you add a load of new stuff click "Update Genius" from drop-down
"Store" menu.

Took me a looooooong time, but then I was ripping and converting
furiously all day.  My little dual core was pegged at about 80% most of
the day!

--
moley6knipe

Win XP Pro SP3 > dBpoweramp Reference 13.1 > SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 >
Squeezebox 3 > ears