malaugh;340392 Wrote:
> Its not a saving, it just allows you to stream music from your NAS so
> you do not need to turn your computer on.
And how is this proposed product _not_ a computer?? As you've described
it, it runs server software (SC), it will need to have some kind of
read/write storage so you can upgrade the server software, and it needs
to work with your network. Sounds like a computer to me. Maybe you just
need to think about 'a smaller computer...' (http://www.gumstix.com/)

Or, on the other hand, if your NAS supports UPnP, you might be in luck.
SD/Logi is talking about supporting UPnP via SqueezeNetwork. But it's
not implemented yet.

--
aubuti