fattybacon;348262 Wrote:
> I wouldn't go as far as a cd drive in, but might be interested in a hard
> drie, but this is exactly the problem everyone I show the the SB3 to.
>
> They all love the display, the remote, the interface and, above all,
> the quality. Then they ask where the music comes from and I tell them I
> have a server running upstairs. And that's all she wrote. NO SALE.
>
> Basically, they'd all love a SB3 or Duet or Boom but none of them want
> to run a server. The majority have external drives with all their music
> on, and they plug it into a desktop/lappie when they want to play or rip
> music. They are dying for a device like the Duet, if the duet receiver
> had a USB port and was running SC.
>
> As for people saying that what you are asking for is a computer so use
> a computer, I think they are missing the point that the duet receiver
> is also a computer. So why not use it?
>
> As for the Yamaha and Olive offerings, have you seen the price of them?
> The market wants Duet prices not megabucks.

So what they really want is a Squeezebox connected to a service like
Rhapsody via SqueezeNetwork(or Napster or Spotify if they were
available). Then you could just plugin your SB, connect to SN and then
select the music you want to listen to. No server, no hard disc, no
hassle.

Even if the SB did have a harddisc you would still need to rip and
store the music.

Makes me wonder all the more why Logitech are so slow to implement
Napster when Rhapsody continues to alienate 95% of the world!!

--
mattybain

'[image:
http://imagegen.last.fm/recenttracks3/recenttracks/MattyBain.gif]'