pfarrell;340625 Wrote:
> Linux is huge in embedded systems, for example every
> Tivo, every Linksys WRT54G router, etc.
>
> Its simple, the "computer as toaster" folks will never knowingly
> install
> Linux. They will never choose Linux.

To summarize, quite a large section of the population uses Linux
without even knowing it every day, and likes it.  But they'd never
install it.  I'd even go so far as to say they'd never install Windows
or OSX either.  They buy a box, and if that box comes with Windows,
Linux, or OSX is pretty much irrelevant.  If you are comfortable
installing Windows, then I'd say you're already in the minority that's
comfortable installing Linux.

--
CatBus