My comments were not intended to be critical, sarcastic, or negative, so
I'm sorry if that was how they seemed to you. My opinion is different
from earlier comments you and some others had made, I was just trying
to express myself. I can't improve on pfarrel's short and sweet
comment.

I respect people who work in IT, programming, engineering, etc., no
more or less than those in other occupations. My work (not
technological) also takes years of education and experience, and is
complicated, challenging and technical. The subject matter would put an
IT or programming worker to sleep. And vice versa. That was my main
point.  I'm happy you are capable with Linux, that's great for you.
Most people have no interest in Linux, for some of the reasons I tried
to explain.

I know many people with an engineering education, and many with
engineering work experience, and many have no interest to come home
from work and turn their home PC into another engineering project. If
you like to, that's fine, my intent was simply to express my opinion
that most people don't share your point of view.

--
Goodsounds