igroucho;341307 Wrote:
> .... thou the difference would not be audible.

Have to disagree, I ripped a CD to ALAC when I was just on itunes and
the last track sounded horrible, badly distorted and the orchestra
sounded as though they were in a wee tin box. Re-ripped to FLAC using
dBpoweramp and AccurateRip and it was perfect. Interestingly my CD
player also played it perfectly.

--
MuckleEck

Alasdair

SB3 -> Linn Majik - Acoustic Energy Extreme 5 (garden) | SB3 ->
Cambridge Audio 640R - Morduant Short (TV room) | SB3 -> AudioEngine 2
(bedroom) | SB3 -> AudioEngine 2 (kitchen) | SBR -> Music Fidelity X-A1
- Mission 701 (office)| Chumby (bedroom) | Two Controllers

Last Fm     http://www.last.fm/user/MuckleEck/