Apologies if you've tried this already and I missed it, but you could
try repositioning your SB Receiver rather than the router. I believe
some have reported that the placement of the antennae in the SBR is
such that it sometimes works better if you can position it vertically
instead of in its normal horizontal position.

100 feet from your neighbors is still close enough for interference
from their networks and possibly their 2.4GHz phones. And that would be
consistent with the intermittent nature of your problem. Remember that
your wireless should be on a non-overlapping channel. So if your
neighbor is on channel 6, it's not good enough for you to be on channel
4 -- in that case you should be on channel 1 or channel 11.

I'm not familiar with your router, but I know that SBs pointed up
weaknesses in my old Netgear router, which would just get jammed up
sometimes streaming FLACs, or even copying big batches of FLACs
wirelessly from my laptop to my NAS.

Good luck! If you don't get it sorted out, homeplug networking is worth
looking into.

--
aubuti