Goodsounds;342971 Wrote:
> There have been a lot of good suggestions offered to help you, and it
> almost seems like you may have been dismissive of some of them. It is
> often a little thing here or there that makes all the difference.
> Everyone's experience can be different. The problem may not ultimately
> be what you think it should or ought to be, but you should try the
> suggestions offered. You seem to have been scrambling around trying
> what may be ultimately unnecessary things, stick to the basics first.
>
> 1.  Try ethernet connection
> 2.  If all is well, try wireless over short distance (Roll back
> firmware version in router and stop router from changing channels)
> 2a  If not ok, try a different router
> 3.  If Ok, need to boost signal to cover intended location.
>
> If not OK at 1 or 2, need to exchange for another SBR or try Classic.
> Or, try calling tech support, they may have some ideas to help.
>
> Good luck, stay calm.

Thanks for the feedback! I have rolled back the router firmware and
I've fixed the router at channel 1, with no change. The router is
upstairs in a room with double doors that stay open into a hallway and
open stairwell. The SBR is at the bottom of the stairs through another
set of always open double doors.

I guess that needing to boost my wireless signal is my problem,
although that seems surprising. Softsqueeze plays the music fine
anywhere, does that mean anything?

My plan is to buy something today that might fix this. My options seem
to be (1) ethernet powerline adapters; (2) a really long ethernet cord
just for testing purposes (wouldn't be feasible to leave it in place);
(3) a new router even though I just bought this DLINK DIR-655 draft n
about a month ago; (4) some type of router signal booster.

I'm leaning toward (1), but if anyone else has advice, please let me
know. Thanks!

--
what_to_buy