Themis;342986 Wrote:
> Since you haven't solved the problem yet, please try some of these, one
> at a time :
>
> 1. Be sure that the "Transmission power" on your router's wireless
> advanced settings is set to "High"
> 2. Uncheck "Short GI" on your router's wireless advanced settings
>
> 3. If you're not using any 802.11n clients (ie if none of your laptops
> has a wifi-n adapter) :
> ____ 3a. Set  "Mixed 802.11g and 802.11b" for "802.11 Mode" on your
> router's wireless settings
> ____ 3b. Choose channel 5 on your router's wireless settings
>
> Hope this will help.
>
> BTW, ideally your WHS should be connected to your router with a
> Ethernet cable : this is the best way to minimize collisions and
> optimize wi-fi bandwidth.

Thanks so much for sharing these ideas with me. Your directions were
very clear, so it was easy for me to try each thing. I tried them each
and with various combinations, and my wireless strength (Squeezecenter
on laptop > Settings > Status) remained at today's new low of 21
throughout. Just to confirm, I did click "save settings" in my router's
interface for each change that I made.

Also, my set-up does include my WHS (MediaSmart server) being connected
to my router via ethernet. The wireless part for me is from router to
SBR.

I just don't understand why our laptops can stream music from the
server (using Softsqueeze or MediaMonkey) while the SBR cannot.

Please feel free to share any other ideas with me. Thank you very much!

--
what_to_buy