Heuer;344935 Wrote:
> I have a car with a high quality sound system and I use an iPod with
> songs in MP3 format. I tried FLAC but with all the other noises going
> on around you it was impossible to tell the difference between FLAC and
> MP3. Also, unless your iPod is powered from the car, battery life is
> about 4 hours with FLAC and 15 hours with MP3.

Exactly!! Road noise alone would mask any differences there may be.  I
transcode to 128kAAC files for my iPods and have never been
disappointed.  That's still a LOT better than what is received on XM
Radio, and I'm on that more than anything else, actually.

--
Eric Seaberg

Eric Seaberg - San Diego
A.E.S., S.M.P.T.E., S.P.A.R.S.